TEFL TEACHERS WANTED
Waterford English Teachers
EFL Ireland is seeking friendly, confident and energetic EAL teachers for our summer courses in Waterford for summer 2023. Teachers come back year after year. Great pay! Great work!
Salary and Benefits: English Teachers normally earn between €600 & €725 per week for 16 morning hours @ €30 per hour, plus two to three afternoon monitoring/guiding shifts @€40 per shift and a daytrip excusion which pay between €100 and €125. Teachers can take more afternoon or fewer afternoon weekend shifts if desired and they are available.
ENGLSH TEACHER JOB PROFILE:
1. Recognised EFL/ESL/EAL Teaching qualification (i.e. TESL/TEFL certificate, CELTA or TESOL).
2. Ability to work as a team player, and follow school curriculum.
3. Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Ireland.
4. Well-spoken native or native-level English speaker.
5. Smart-casual in appearance and demeanour.
6. University/college degree.
1. Teaching. (Including lesson preparation and attending daily meetings)
2. Monitoring. (Break duty and excursions)
3. Facilitating extra-curricular activities.
1. €30 per hour EFL Teaching and English teacher meetings
2. €40 per afternoon monitoring student’s recreational activities. (2 – 3 times a week). There are some occasions where teachers can also make €100/€125 to escort, guide and monitor daytrip excursions.
Each teacher teaches two different classes/levels per day Monday to Friday, one in the first part of morning and one in the second – this is done to give students exposure to different teachers, methods, accents and of course to keep the students and teachers from getting too bored with each other. For example, you may teach an upper intermediate (C1) from 9:30 until 11:15 and an elementary class (A2) from 11:30 until 13:10. On Friday, classes finish at 10:50.
For this position, teachers need to be flexible, creative, good-natured, safeguarding aware and professional. Our summer courses have an international outlook and we need our teachers to have a truly global viewpoint regarding English language usage and needs. Teachers must also understand and appreciate that most of our students need English to communicate with speakers of all languages and not just another native English speakers.
Please send cover letter and CV to email@example.com.